I don’t always envy students, but when I do, it’s when they get freaking sweet offers… and this one beats them all! 💯
Almost 4 years ago the founder of the startup I was working for bought tickets to TechChill 2014. At that time when you read a word ‘conference’, you’d normally prepare for:
- Boring Powerpoint presentations with a lot of text
- Sales people trying to sell you stuff you don’t need
- Lots of shy people in uncomfortable suits with whom it was impossible to start a conversation with, if they didn’t know you beforehand. 🙄
However, TechChill seemed promising and I was actually looking forward to attending a ‘conference’ – and was not let down!
Why was TechChill different?
- People were looking forward to meeting new people and helping each other succeed
- Keynotes were straight-to-the-point, didn’t contain walls of text and were actually useful
- I could meet and talk with ANY keynote speaker – no matter the caliber
- Startup “booths” at the expo were projects that you’d actually like to interact with (discuss projects, meet the founders, test prototypes, give feedback)
- It’s actually hard to find someone very shy and wearing a suit. 😋
Since 2014 TechChill has grown exponentially and reached 1’100 🔥 attendees in February ‘17. They say that a picture is worth more than a thousand words and a video is worth more than a thousand pictures so here’s a short recap (that’s a million words!):
Watch ALL the keynotes from TechChill 2017 here (scroll down a bit ;).
TechChill continues to grow exponentially and is expecting more than 2’000 🔥 people to attend in February, 2018, which means even more founders, prototypes, investors, networking, synergies – you name it 😏
Now comes the part where I’m envying students (whereas normally I’m not!). This year students are entitled to a free two-day ticket (worth €159+) at the expense of Swedbank.
I’m no longer a student but if I was, I’d definitely cancel all my plans for February 8-9 2018 and grab the free 2-day pass by completing one of the two student challenges here until Sunday, December 3.
C U @ TechChill 2018!
P.Ssssssssst: Here’s the recap of the afterparty @ K.K. fon Stricka villa feat. Singapuras Satins 🤓:
Do you have any questions or comments? Please leave them below and I’ll reply! 🤘